|Location||Ziquala, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 17, 2019|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Contract |
FH Ethiopia, a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities, would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: Zonal Health and Nutrition Coordinator
Duty Station: Ziquala (Wag Himra Zone- Amhara Region)
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 45 days probation period)
Purpose of the Job
The zonal health and nutrition coordinator is responsible for the overall improvement of effective implementation; monitoring and reporting processes as they pertain to DFSA health and nutrition. He/she is responsible for overseeing all health activities under his/her supervision areas, providing on-site mentoring, supportive supervision and reporting. The incumbent works closely with appropriate FH Project staffs, the government structure and key stakeholders to ensure program integration at all level. S/he is expected to concurrently track physical implementation against activity plan and budget utilization under DFSA Health and Nutrition program component.
· Oversee all health and nutrition activities, specifically under his/her supervision areas
· providing on-site mentoring and supportive supervision to health team (health and nutrition officer, hygiene and sanitation health and nutrition animators facilitators)
· He/she is expected to improve planning, implementation; monitoring and reporting processes as they pertain to health and nutrition under supervision areas with special emphasis for effective implementation of modular lesson plan in Care Group sessions.
· Supervise, provide technical support and ensure that adolescent girls CG activities are progressing as planned.
· Serve as bridge by creating linkages between projects and FHE head office in the smooth flow of reports and other areas of communication. He/she will also closely follow implementation of SBCC activities in each project giving due attention to integration with other program entities i.e. gender and livelihood.
· Participate in annual plan and budget development for the program and ensure that DFSA Health and Nutrition activities are fully harmonized with each Woreda annual plan.
· Develop terms of reference, facilitate training, and review meeting and joint supportive supervision that will be conducted at Zonal and Woreda levels.
· Timely submit training reports, review-meeting proceedings and field travel reports to FHE head office for follow up and implementation of action steps
· Ensure effective multi-sectoral coordination of health and nutrition intervention at zonal, woreda and community levels
· In collaboration with agriculture/livelihood/gender officers, ensure the effective implementation and integration of health, nutrition and WASH SBCC components
· Ensure that nutrition guidelines and WASH in the context of nutrition and SBCC specific to the program and monitoring tools are implemented in respective target zone and Woredas.
· Support and ensure that Nutrition agenda is focused in regional, zonal and woreda level review meeting conducted on a regular basis. In close consultation and approval of project and health and nutrition managers actively participate and represent FHE in health and nutrition meetings conducted at zone and region
· Ensure the provision of appropriate mentoring and on job training for health and nutrition staffs at targeted woredas using agreed tools.
· Ensure that Nutrition multi-sectoral coordination is strengthened, support the livelihood team to mainstream nutrition in to agriculture and program activities are coordinated at all levels.
· Ensure that all donor compliance and FHE rules and regulations are strictly followed during day-to-day program operations.
· Prepare and submit periodic reports.
· Performs other related tasks as required.
· Minimum of first degree in Nutrition, public health or Nursing and demonstrated experience in Nutrition, maternal and child health, WASH and SBCC.
· At least 4 years of appropriate experience implementing in NGO with experience/knowledge of supporting USAID funded grants with excellent understanding of Health Sector Development Plan (HSDP IV), National Nutrition program (NNP) and other health related policies & strategies.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Significant training experience (e.g. MIYCN, coaching, mentoring etc.) with community mobilization in support of health and nutrition related programs. Experience in supportive supervision, conducting trainings and training of trainers.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as proven ability to work collaboratively with many organizations and stakeholders.
· Demonstrated skills in partnership building and interpersonal communication.
· Demonstrated skills in computer Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlooks, emails
· Brilliant in report writing
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to:
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and applications
Please note that this position is open to Ethiopian nationals only