|Location||Jinka Town, South Omo Zone, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Vacancy No: VA_051_FY21
The Carter Center is a not-for-profit international NGO committed to waging peace, fighting disease and building hope worldwide. The Carter Center - Ethiopia, which assists the Government of Ethiopia in Disease Elimination and Eradication Programs is looking for a qualified professional to fill the following post for Zone Project Coordinator for its Oncho/LF Elimination Program.
- Assists the Zonal Health Departments in:
- Training health workers and other support staff on Oncho/LF prevention and control.
- Preparing annual Oncho/LF Elimination Program plan of action (PoA) and project proposals for the respective zones, in accordance with the national strategic plan.
- Preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the Oncho/LF Elimination Program in his/her respective zone.
- Assists the Zonal Education Office in:
- Training school teachers, Woreda Education Officers, and other support staff on Oncho/LF prevention and control.
- Establishing and strengthening school health clubs and teaching materials for Oncho/LF related activities in the school health programs.
- Preparing annual Oncho/LF Elimination Program PoA and project proposals for the respective zones, in accordance with the national strategic plan.
- Follows up the implementation of Oncho/LF elimination activities in the respective project zone.
- Assists project woredas in preparation for Oncho/LF Elimination Program campaign.
- Assists in creating awareness among community members on proper SAFE strategy implementation.
- Works with the health extension program (HEP) to ensure that proper volunteerism flourish and Health Development Army (HDA) involvement in the Oncho/LF Campaign, environmental sanitation, latrine constructions and use in the community.
- Works closely with concerned government sectors and other stakeholders for close collaboration and integration towards achieving Oncho/LF elimination.
- Conducts regular monitoring and supervision of Oncho/LF Elimination Program implementations. Performs household and school monitoring and assessments in respective sectors.
- Supports the establishment and strengthening of Oncho/LF taskforces at all levels within the established health delivery service system.
- Takes part in ongoing monitoring, impact assessments, and operational research activities related to Oncho/LF elimination.
- Assists in organizing program review meetings and workshops, as appropriate.
- Works very closely with Sub Regional Project Managers and Regional Project Manager to ensure that Oncho/LF Elimination Program project activities are implemented as per the PoA and project agreements.
- In close consultation with Sub Regional Project Manager and regional M&E Officer, keeps proper documentation of project implementation. Presents key performance indicators during quarterly monitoring meetings.
- Develops/updates data base from which he/she generates monthly and annual zonal reports for the Oncho/LF Elimination Program.
Required Number: 1(One)
Terms of Employment: One year contract with a possibility of extension
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Public Health or related fields from a recognized university
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience in disease prevention and control, Preferably NTD and Oncho/LF Elimination Program.
- Reasonably good experience in project management
- Able to speak local Language and has working experience in the area
- Willingness to travel and work in remote areas
- Good computer skills, especially in data management
- Recommendation letter from the most recent employer
- Able to present release letter from current employer in two weeks after job offer
Deadline for all Application: Fifteen (15) days from the date of this vacancy announcement.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and application letter including photocopies of all supporting documents in person or to the address given below.
When applying Please indicate the Vacancy No, position applied for & duty station in the subject line
Drop your application in person at
The Carter Center - Ethiopia, Bonga Regional Office
Tel. +251 - 047-331-1561
N.B: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.